The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) hopes to improve physician awareness and knowledge of the new Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) Quality Payment Program through a series of instructional You-Tube videos now available on the CMS Quality Payment Program (QPP) playlist.
While all eligible providers are on the hook for at least minimal participation in 2017 in order to avoid a 4 percent negative payment adjustment in 2019, according to a late October 2016 survey by Medscape, nearly nine in 10 respondents either had not heard of, didn’t know a lot about, or knew only a little bit about MACRA and its core components, like the Quality Payment Program. While that survey was conducted in September before CMS released the MACRA final rule, that means a lot of physicians needed to get up to speed fast. CMS has offered many webinars and regularly updates their QPP webpage in an attempt to help physicians, particularly those in small practices.
While the CMS QPP YouTube playlist contains many videos from all stages of planning for MIPS, the following videos will be most helpful to providers who are still confused about the program or need help knowing where to start:
- What is the Quality Payment Program?
- Introduction to the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS)
- Introduction to Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
The CMS QPP YouTube playlist also has recordings of a few recent CMS webinars about MIPS that providers may find useful:
- Getting Started with QPP: An Overview of MIPS for Small, Rural, and Underserved Practices (2/1/17)
- CMS Webinar – MIPS Quality and Cost Performance Categories
- CMS Webinar – MIPS Performance Categories: Advancing Care Information and Improvement Activities
For additional explainers about MIPS and helpful steps about how you can plan to participate in 2017, review the following CIPROMS articles available on our website:
- Ramping Up to MIPS: Don’t Waste the “Pick Your Pace” Year
- Scoring the MIPS Program
- Choosing MIPS Quality Measures for Emergency Physicians
- Choosing Your MIPS Quality Measure for Anesthesiologists
- How to Get Ready for MIPS
— All rights reserved. For use or reprint in your blog, website, or publication, please contact us at email@example.com.